Thursday, January 21, 2010

Poetic past

A Favorite Song Snippet of Mine:
"The life we lead, will always lead us
And we pray that he, will never leave us
It's the price we pay, I guess that's the reason
Why my grandma sang, we all need Jesus."
Artist: Common
Song: Misunderstood
Album: "Finding Forever" 2007

Subtle aches

Nocturnal combines
rage within intestine
throughout
the calm remembrance.

Resisting confusion
to relinquish sea illusions
an adequate supply of fear
to conquer would be a weak soul.

Outside the realm
happiness runs
completely amid to life
a mere reflecting beauty.

Lack there of hidden cruelty.

Deep reason to feud
no time to remember
so far gone in temperament
confusion is tender.

Will the clouds separate?
will wings of birds be delicate?
Until the thrill is eloquent
resume your worthless sell of men.

Untitled 

Something passes through my veins
the moment you are present
it flourishes in my body
as my heart flutters with passion.

My toes go numb
hairs standing up
you complete my painting
with a symbol so cool

So lost without you
my world spinning when your vacant
life beyond love
a closed door tumbling down stream.

With it my skin more vibrant
my eyes an ocean blue
my hair a golden sunset
I am a colorless pallet
without you.


The Ribbon

It wraps around
a vase of pomegranate
pulses of solitude
warm the tense soul.

It's quiet somber presence
falls short of any emotion
it tangles, bends, ties, and falls
unveiling a curtain with wounds.

In bands of yellow silk
the secret is stuck
the box remains rusted
the spool remains silent.

Avoiding a collision
so no noise is made
as the flowing chiffon
is tied and cut.

One last trip missing
on a route less traveled
yet the possibility of high tide
unravels.

Over time
the lifeless battle ends
in that soft basin
of cool complacent sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment