Thursday, October 7, 2010

In Missouri

My purpose for this visit to Columbia, MO is to find out if my sister is having boy or girl twins. I am going to be an auntie and I couldn't be more excited. My sister is looking pregnant, and that is strange because when I saw her last she was not. Can't believe there are going to be 2!  We find out tomorrow, Friday October 8th what they will be.

I made it in from my flight at 8:45am yesterday and was happier than ever that I flew Southwest. Not only was the flight only $139.40 round trip, but it only took us a little over an hour. I'll fly every time I come here now, it's so much more convenient for visiting short term. Downtown Columbia has a really cool college scene going on. Lots of small coffee and pizza shops and the campus itself is cozy but has a large social scene. I am about to go and try this cool tea place called Lolicup Tea . I guess it's big here and has some yummy tasting teas, just like a coffee shop, but tea (I think you get it). There is an eclectic array of people, like you would see at any college. But it's different, each college makes a name for itself. Looks like the art and music scene are the most popular. There is a small music venue downtown off of 9th street everyone goes to called The Blue Note. This little ice cream shop we went to had random portrait paintings up on the wall including a one eyed monster portrait. It looked like my 3rd grade brother drew them all (if I had a 3rd grade brother).  The Mizzou Stadium is pretty cool, open and large. I guess the tailgating gets pretty nuts around here. I can tell Missouri people are die hard Mizzou fans. I just waited on a couple from Missouri who couldn't wait for their kids to go to Mizzou and it seemed like they were dead set on Missouri being the greatest state in the US. I beg to differ. 
Here are a few photos from my trip so far:

 Jeremiah ('aka' June Bug) and A.J.
My sister Bonnie and my Mom
The three amigos with the same birthday! Bonnie, Andre, and Patricia (all born October 6th, 1985)
Jabari

No comments:

Post a Comment