Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dreams and Facebook

I know people hate hearing about other peoples dreams (the lamest conversation topic) but obviously I don't care. I had an awesome dream that I was skydiving last night and instead of landing on the ground I went crashing into a pool and it was great. I am going to do it some day!


This is my break in random ideas.


Well for the dream speech that is, I went and saw The Social Network, my boyfriend was making fun of how uninformed I was about Mark Zuckerberg, but honestly I never even questioned who is was or how he got there or anything. This movie is a must see for our younger generation and I feel it is a capstone in what we can accomplish as educated students. It's a metropolis for entrepreneurs to take the risks to become something big. Who would have thought the next Bill Gates would be walking amongst us college kids trying to claw our way to to top, it's enlightening.

When I first got on Facebook all I could think about was the cool applications and updating my profile page/picture every 20 minutes, which is totally what this guy was wanting me to do. I was officially partying  and I loved it. Thank god I have calmed down from my narcissistic coma it put me and millions of others in, but I didn't follow Mark (I guess I am on a first name basis with him) or any of the creators gossip at all, and that was the point. When something that big happens it's pretty hard to focus on logistics. It was one of the most exciting moments of my college career and I will never forget when it all first happened. It was like a continuing roller coaster and I loved it, and still do. It gave you butterflies in your stomach, and god was it smart.

Time for sleep.

Okay I am back. Seeing as my topics (dreams and Facebook) are completely irrelevant of each other I will continue this with the need for entrepreneurial spirits in our younger generation. The creators of Facebook are THE EXAMPLE of how we can make our own profits by have entrepreneurial ideas. Who wants to just sit and work for somebody else their whole lives when they can instead work for themselves doing something where there will be no lack of enthusiasm (9 to 5 work week with frozen microwaved lunches) hence you are your own boss and you make the rules of what is being done. It's sickening that people don't put forth more of their ideas and take more risks, we are living in such a box o "supposed tos" and straight lines which of course doesn't influence creativity, but working for the man. Something needs to change. I don't know if it's that people don't feel they have good ideas or if they feel the resources are too hard to come by, but every person I know knows somebody else that has something to bring to the table. By honing your ideas into a simple idea with one direction, I don't see why we can't be our own bosses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment