Sunday, September 19, 2010

Greenberg

Last night I sat down and watched Greenberg with my main man. I was quite pleased with it not only because it's so dynamic in style, but the character development was very appealing. Greenberg, played by Ben Stiller, is a mixture of a very contentious person who can be a total ass. On top of it all he is a very smart but becomes overwhelmed with social anxieties and past life experiences. I am not sure this movie is for everyone. It can feel like a punch in the face sometimes but I think that is what the director was going for. Stiller was hilarious but his humor with this character was different than all his other movies. It almost reminded me of the sincerity that Jim Carey played in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but not as depressing. I like that Stiller took on a serious role, he played his humor and angst card which made this movie very entertaining and worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment